1. Rajma - 300 gms
2. Tomato - 3 medium
3. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
4. Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
5. Grated ginger - 1 Tbsp
6. Coriander powder - 4 tsp
7. Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
8. Garam masala - 1 tsp
9. salt - 2 tsp (to taste)
10. Water for cooking
11. Oil - about 2 Tbsp
1. Soak the Rajma in water for about 12 hours.
2. Put the Rajma in a pressure cooker, put 2 tsp salt and pour water till the rajma is covered completely and there's about 1 cm of water on top of it. Let the whistle on it sound about 5-6 times and then let it cook in the pressure till it cools down.
3. Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in boiling water till the skin starts to peel off. Then take the skin off and make tomato puree
4. Heat oil in a wok and put cumin seeds in it. When they split, reduce the flame and put asafoetida, ginger and coriander powder
5. After about 15 seconds, put the tomato puree in and mix. Let it cook till the oil starts separating
7. From the rajma cooked in the pressure cooker, take about 50 grams of rajma and put in the wok. Using the back of the ladle, crush these beans and make them into a paste
9. Close the lid and let it come to a boil.
10. Taste and add more salt or red chilli powder as needed
11. Serve with rice