Ingredients (makes about 8)
- Rice - 150 gms
- Udad daal - 50 gms
- Salt - 1 or 2 tsp
1. It's a 24 hour process. So plan ahead.
3. Put enough water in it to soak it - water level about 1 cm above the mix.
4. Keep it like this for 12 hours.This will soften the rice and daal.
5. Put it in a grinder and grind it to get a medium thick batter. If it is too thick, put some water in it.
6. Put the salt, mix it well and then keep it overnight to ferment. About 12 hours.
7. Once it has fermented, heat a flat pan or tawa. Use a thick tawa.
8. Take the batter in a small flat based bowl or vati. Pour it at the center of the tawa and then using the base of the vati, start spreading it outwards using a circular motion.
10. Serve with a chutney (tomato chutney or coconut chutney)